I wanted to post part of an email that someone sent to me the other day. This person is a local and is very familiar to the school and area. With their permission, I am posting this first to show how sometimes what we are getting is not so much helpful in finding a person, but simply may be a validation that we are actually connecting. Next, I'm hoping there is something here that will "click" and help in the search.
- "Jackson" could be Jackson School Rd, not far from Skyline. It's a large artery connecting mountain country to city.
- The school is several miles from about 5 cemeteries. None of them have many crosses, nor any that jut out from above ground level- perhaps carved on headstones, but not above ground.
- The basketball could be the courts behind the school (3/4th fenced surrounding the black top) or it could be we had The Blazers- Portland's NCAA basketball team out on Friday (had been being planned for a week).
- YMCA- 5th graders took their annual camping trip this weekend at the YMCA- He could have known about it and been excited with anticipation over it- lots of the kids were talking about it. Things like "I can't wait until I'm in 5th grade", etc. (This is what I mean about validation. I had no clue about the trip, how could I? And it made no sense to me, but it does go along with his personality. He is such a cool soul!)
- The only thing that can be mistaken for crosses or cross like items are grape vines at some of the vineyards east of the school OR a Power Supply station- across from and old cemetery with a small church on it- several miles away.
- The church across the street- only in symbolism. It's a restored building used for weddings and town meetings. Nothing more.
Ok, so we did figure out that there is a cross, but I think only one, at the Skyline Memorial Gardens. Other than that I'm not sure if this is helpful. I think someone sent me something about Jackson School Road and when I find it I will add it here.